Copyright, Trademarks & Intellectual Property Rights
The MasterCard Site Content, as defined below, is protected by applicable intellectual property laws and all Content is owned by MasterCard or used by MasterCard under a license or with permission. All text, formatting (including without limitation the selection, coordination and arrangement of materials on the MasterCard Site, and the images, graphics, animation, tools, widgets, applications, commercials, videos, music, sounds, articles, copy, creative materials, photos, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos, and other materials and information on this Site are subject to the intellectual property rights of MasterCard, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective licensors and licensees (collectively “Content”). These materials may not be copied, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, modified, reposted to other web sites, framed, deep linked to, changed, or otherwise distributed, redistributed, licensed, sublicensed or transferred in any form by you. Nothing contained on the MasterCard Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to make commercial use of any MasterCard trademark, intellectual property right or copyrighted material without MasterCard's prior written permission.
The trademarks, logos, trade names and service marks, whether registered or unregistered (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the MasterCard Site are Trademarks of MasterCard and its third party alliance partners. Nothing contained on the MasterCard Site should be construed as granting by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the MasterCard Site without the written permission of MasterCard or such third party that may own the Trademark.
Any unauthorized commercial use of these materials will violate MasterCard's intellectual property rights and will be subject to MasterCard's full legal rights and remedies.
Limited Right to Use Site Content
We are granting you a limited, nonexclusive, revocable license for you to view, share, print or download any Content, as defined below, from the MasterCard Site for your own personal use. You are not granted the right to license, republish, distribute, copy, assign, sublicense, transfer, sell, prepare of derivative works or other non-personal use any Content on the MasterCard Site. No part of any Content may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use. You may not access or use the MasterCard Site in any way that could or is intended to damage or impair the MasterCard Site, or any server or network underlying the MasterCard Site, or interfere with anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site.
You may not create a web page or site or computer application of any kind that deep links to or frames this Site, any page of this Site, or any graphics, trademark or other proprietary information of any kind located on this Site without MasterCard’s express written permission. You may not use meta tags or any other type of hidden text utilizing MasterCard’s or any of its affiliates’ names, trademarks or intellectual property rights on a web site without MasterCard’s express written permission.
You may not use automated systems (e.g., robots, spiders, etc.) to access the Site. You agree not to collect personally identifiable information of other users of the Site or to sell or otherwise exploit that information.
Except for the limited rights expressly granted herein, all right, title and interest in and to the Site and all materials contained therein are reserved by MasterCard. Your right to access this Site may be terminated at any time by MasterCard without notice.
Editing, Deleting and Modification
You may not to use the Site to:
1. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, intimidating, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, derogatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, disrespectful, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
2. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that is harmful or objectionable to minors in any way;
3. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity or create a false persona;
4. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
5. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have the right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
6. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
7. Upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or worms or any other computer code, files or programs designed to disable, interrupt, destroy, redirect, monitor another user's usage, limit or otherwise inhibit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
8. Harvest screen names for any purpose;
9. Disparage the products or services of any company or individual;
10. Use racially or ethnically offensive language; discuss or incite illegal activity; use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images;
11. Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
12. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
13. “Stalk” or otherwise harass another;
14. Collect, display or store personal data about other users, without such user’s prior written consent;
15. Upload, post, e-mail, distribute, deliver or otherwise transmit any bulk or unsolicited or unauthorized commercial e-mail, advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; or
16. Any e-mail sent by you, or caused to be sent by you, to or through the Site may not:
- use or contain invalid or forged headers;
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing or routing;
- use a third party's internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party's equipment, without permission of the third party; or
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content.
Interactive Forums and Groups
An “interactive forum” means any group, club, discussion area, message board, chat room, or similar interactive service appearing on the Site. You must register and comply with instructions that you will find on the Site in order to contribute to any interactive forum.
MasterCard will not be responsible for (1) material appearing in any interactive forum on the Site; or (2) screening material posted by users for libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, copyright or trademark infringement, accuracy, or for any other reason. MasterCard, however, retains the right to modify or remove messages or other material that MasterCard, in its sole discretion, considers infringing, offensive, abusive, derogatory, intimidating, disrespectful, false and misleading, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise unacceptable. MasterCard also reserve the right to edit materials, photos, posting or other content for any other reason.
Whether or not modified or removed, users remain solely responsible for the content of their messages or postings. By making a posting, you understand that you are granting MasterCard a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-paid, irrevocable, sublicensable, transferrable, non-exclusive license in and to the post (including under copyright, patent, and trademark law), including the right to edit, change, and create derivative works, and any concepts or ideas contained in the post, including the documents, artwork, statements, drawings, outlines, proofs, displays, photographs, footage, outtakes, musical scores, audio and video footage, discs, whether in print or electronic form, produced or created by you as part of the post.
By making a post, you are waiving and agree not to assert any copyrights or “moral” rights or claim resulting from our alteration of the post or any photograph(s), footage, illustrations, statements or other work contained in the post. You are also agreeing to appoint MasterCard as your irrevocable attorney-in-fact with respect to the post, with the right to execute and deliver any documents, in your name and on your behalf, to ensure that MasterCard can use the Submission that you are licensing in any way MasterCard sees fit. to own and protect the rights in any derivative works created from your post, and to have the post removed from any other website or forum.
No Confidentiality with Respect to Submissions or Feedback
From time to time, we may ask that you for your feedback on MasterCard’s Site and products and/or services. Any communication or material you transmit or post will be (1) treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary by MasterCard, (2) become the property of MasterCard and MasterCard shall exclusively now and hereinafter own all rights, title and interest therein, and (3) used without restriction by MasterCard licensees and affiliates at its sole discretion without any obligation, compensation or other liability to you. Such use may be for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting whole or in part, in any medium and in any manner, now known or later developed, on this Site or otherwise. MasterCard shall be under no obligation to respond to any such communication. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MasterCard maintains a policy of not accepting or considering any creative ideas, suggestions or materials from the public regarding its products and services (“Submissions”), and therefore, you should not make any Submissions to MasterCard in any communications through this Site or otherwise. Nonetheless, if you do send us a Submission, despite our request not to do so, then such Submission shall immediately become the property of MasterCard and MasterCard shall exclusively now and hereinafter own all rights, title and interest therein. Furthermore, MasterCard shall be free to use any Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products and services. MasterCard shall not be liable for such use or disclosure of such Submission or for any similarities in the Submission and any future MasterCard products and services.
Links to Other Web Sites
In operating the Site, MasterCard may act as a “services provider” (as defined by DMCA) and offer services as online provider of materials and links to third party web sites. As a result, third party materials that MasterCard does not own or control may be transmitted, stored, accessed or otherwise made available using the Site. MasterCard has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site. MasterCard has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content or the suspension of any user that is found to have infringed on the rights of MasterCard or of a third party, or that has otherwise violated any intellectual property laws or regulations, or this Agreement. If you believe any material available via the Site infringes a copyright, you should notify MasterCard using the notice procedure for claimed infringement under the DMCA (17 U.S.C. Sect. 512(c)(2)). MasterCard will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the Content. MasterCard designated agent (i.e., proper party for notice) to whom you should address infringement notices under the DMCA is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following notice:
1. Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
2. Identify the material on the Site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that MasterCard may locate it on the Site;
3. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
4. A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
5. Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
6. Your physical or electronic signature.
MasterCard may give notice to its users of any infringement notice by means of a general notice on any of its websites, electronic mail to a user's e-mail address in its records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user's physical address in its records. If you receive such an infringement notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
No Representation or Warranty
While MasterCard will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all material on this Site is correct; however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and MasterCard does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of any information contained in this Site.
THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MASTERCARD THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
WITHOUT LIMITATION, MASTERCARD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE, THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE IS PROVIDED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR ANY DATA LOSS THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Disclaimer of Damages and Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL MASTERCARD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, ECONOMIC LOSS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF PROFITS, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTIONS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR ACCESS OF THE SITE OR ITS CONTENT, EVEN IF MASTERCARD OR ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MASTERCARD’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) (WHICHEVER IS LESS), FOR ACCESSING OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITY RELATED TO ANY MASTERCARD SITE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Governing Law Limitations
United States and foreign export control laws regulate the export and re-export of technology originating in the United States and such foreign countries. You agree to abide by these laws and regulations as applicable and will not transfer, directly or indirectly, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or software from this Site to or from any countries or foreign nations in violation of such laws or regulations.
2000 Purchase Street
Purchase, NY 10577 USA